Thanks for visiting MetaMythos . Net, RuneQuest RPG . Net, and d20 RPG . Net.
MetaMythos was founded in 1999 as an outlet for creativity. Specifically geared toward role-playing games and in particular RuneQuest and the campaign/game world, called Keshyré. Over the years it has grown to encompass Basic Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons and other d20 based games and the latest version of RuneQuest, sometimes called Mongoose RuneQuest.
MetaMythos the home of RPG campaign design and world building for RuneQuest, Basic Roleplaying and d20 Dungeons and Dragons as well as a brand new collaborative campaign world, a complex fantasy role playing game setting for games like Basic Roleplaying, RuneQuest, GURPS, FUDGE and d20 Dungeons and Dragons. The new collaborative campaign world includes maps and general descriptions of the world as well as specific easily usable locales. The previous campaign world known as Keshyré is also presented for general use. MetaMythos also hosts resources dedicated to the art of world building and design for fantasy RPGs with such topics as maps and map making, religions in fantasy role playing games, magic in RPGs, and cultural sources. We also provide online editions of free or open source versions of the d20 system reference document, the RuneQuest SRD, and others, such as Basic Role-Playing, will be provided if available.
Previously three separate sites they are being united in the common cause of furthering interest, creativity, flexibility and cross-pollination in role playing games.
The goals of MetaMythos is to create an Open Source RPG system compatible with RuneQuest III and also to create a collaborative fantasy world that is usable among all three systems presented here as well as comprehensive mythological references for creation of intriguing and compelling game world backgrounds and mythologies and to provide methods, techniques, discussions and tools for RPG campaign and world design.
About The MetaMythos Website
MetaMythos and associated sites (RuneQuest RGP . Net and d20 RPG . Net) are set up using WordPress and MediaWiki for the primary content and all material in the wiki is fully created and edited by users. All content is released under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licensing except where specified. Existing copyrights belong to the copyright holder. Our blog is based on WordPress. We have a single login system based on your WordPress account on MetaMythos. However there is no single sign on and you must log into the wiki separate using your WordPress account.
The MetaMythos Wiki is your site too! So feel free to write, edit or otherwise modify the content. In fact I hope you do as it would be my pleasure to have you edit and contribute to the wiki content.
Interested in Helping?
- What ideas for the suggestion box do you have to make this wiki even better
- Did you notice a bug, that something wasn’t working right?
- For the wiki we need recent changes patrollers specifically, but more people generally to help
- Writers/Journalists to help write quality website pages and Add new content – game world, adventures, etc. – again for the wiki.
- A WordPress Champion to help with the blog/main site of MetaMythos.
- Why? register?
- MetaMythos registration is free and we won’t send you spam or give away your email address.
- MetaMythos registration is required to post comments and edit the wiki.
- You must register with MetaMythos before you can log into the wiki.
- The sole purpose of registration is to act as a deterrent for defacement and spamming of the site and users.
- The only email you should ever receive should be system notifications.